Come be a part of an exciting clean energy technology startup in beautiful Fort Collins, CO! You will work together with an ambitious and talented group of individuals decarbonizing the industrial heat sector.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement simulations of advanced thermal systems using specialized software and tools.
- Develop custom codes for steady-state and time-dependent simulation on the component and process levels.
- Analyze the results of the simulations to identify areas for optimization and improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions to identified issues.
- Identify and troubleshoot potential issues or problems with the thermal systems.
- Design experiments to validate the accuracy and effectiveness of the simulations.
- Prepare and present technical reports and presentations on simulation results and recommendations.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in process engineering, with a focus on thermal systems.
- Proficiency in specialized simulation software such as Engineering Equation Solver, Aspen Plus/HYSYS, Matlab/Simulink, GT-SUITE, or HTRI.
- Experience with CFD tools such as ANSYS CFX/Fluent, COMPAL, or OpenFOAM.
- Experience with FEA tools such as ANSYS Mechanical or similar.
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience handling sensitive information relative to trade secrets and intellectual property.
Preferred candidates have one or more of the following qualifications
- PhD in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in process engineering, with a focus on thermal systems
- Experience with the design of heat exchangers
- Experience with the design, fabrication, and testing of thermal systems
The pay range for this role is:
140,000 - 160,000 USD per year (Powerhouse I)