Come be a part of an exciting clean energy technology startup in beautiful Fort Collins, CO! You will work together with an ambitious and talented group of individuals decarbonizing the industrial heat sector.
What you'll do
- Develop advanced thermal systems using a combination of modeling results, experimental data, and advanced manufacturing processes with an emphasis on component integration, process optimization and simplification, and performance improvement.
- Lead testing efforts of prototype, pilot, and product units to improve current and future products.
- Lead development programs to improve thermal system performance by developing novel concepts, integration of best practices, and identifying cost down opportunities.
- Work with manufacturing team to incorporate improvements in the product to improve manufacturability.
- Use product data, experimental results, and simulation results to improve control strategies. Work with the controls engineers to implement new control strategies.
- Work with advanced concepts lead to document and file IP development.
- Develop P&ID’s, data analysis plans, and testing protocols, for prototype, pilot, and product units.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in process engineering, with a focus on thermal systems
- Strong experimental thermal system design, operation, and data analysis experience
- Proficiency in specialized simulation software such as Engineering Equation Solver, Aspen Plus/HYSYS, Matlab/Simulink, GT-SUITE, or HTRI
- Experience developing data acquisition and controls workflows on thermal equipment (e.g., using NI LabView and/or others)
- Demonstrated track record developing and documenting new invention disclosures and turning these into patent applications and issued patents.
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and related advanced thermal cycles
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience handling sensitive information relative to trade secrets and intellectual property
Preferred candidates have one or more of the following qualifications
- PhD in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in process engineering, with a focus on thermal systems
- Experience with the design of heat exchangers
- Experience with the design, fabrication, and testing of thermal systems
The pay range for this role is:
130,000 - 145,000 USD per year (Powerhouse I)