Come be a part of an exciting clean energy technology startup in beautiful Fort Collins, CO! You will work together with an ambitious and talented group of individuals decarbonizing the industrial heat sector.
What you'll do
- Assists in design for manufacturability for new product development through participation on cross functional product design teams. Establishes production process procedures and measurement parameters for new products and processes. Provides team with cost of new, redesigned, and current products.
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for pilot and full production facilities following lean manufacturing principles for maximum effectiveness of workers and equipment. Ensures manufacturing systems are operational and functioning effectively.
- Specifies design of equipment/tools to assist in new and existing production processes, and obtain quotes/bids for construction of equipment to submit with recommendations.
- Evaluates capital equipment investment options and prepares recommendations regarding purchases. Utilizes this information to provide recommendations for increased levels of vertically-integrated manufacturing.
- Provides support for the management team by providing manufacturing engineering technical expertise and working collaboratively on manufacturing processes. Participates in continuous improvement/cost down events, frequently as a team leader.
- Utilizes work measurement tools to analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization. Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop Operational Method Sheets, training checklists, and training matrixes. Collaborates with team to identify and implement safe procedures and enhance ergonomics in the manufacturing process.
- Recommends methods for improving worker effectiveness, safety, and quality, and reducing costs, including recommendations regarding restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow consistent with demand flow technology, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial technology or Industrial Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical, scientific or engineering degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in an operational environment
- Experience with QA/QC systems such as ISO9001 or AS9100
Preferred candidates have one or more of the following qualifications
- Experience with mechanical and electrical assemblies for fabrication and assembly using state of-art manufacturing processes including cellular manufacturing and Demand Flow Technology
- Experience in HVAC and/or boiler industries
The pay range for this role is:
115,000 - 135,000 USD per year (Powerhouse I)