About Behavior Genius
At Behavior Genius, we provide a wide variety of supportive services for individuals with special needs. We provide direct behavioral treatment across home, school, center, and community environments all throughout the Southern California Inland Empire and High Desert. Behavior Genius as an organization has a huge heart for people.
Our commitment to delivering direct services that are individualized, goal-oriented, and data-driven. Our ultimate goal is to work collaboratively with our clients to help each individual achieve more. YOU can be a part of this change! By joining our team, you'll directly impact the lives of the people we serve.
HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL GET
- This is an entry-level position with a career pathway opportunity to grow and excel in this field.
- The first week on the job is paid training focused on preparing you to become equipped and empowered to help each client. We’ll help you become CPR and First Aid certified.
- Flexible work days
- Flexible time off policies
- Company-issued tablet
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Opportunities for BCBA mentorship and supervision when needed to obtain certification.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Behavior Technician, you will be responsible for providing direct services and multiple functions of the Clinical Department at Behavior Genius. Behavior Technicians are Clinical professionals who will display a compassionate nature, empathy, and discretion in their work.
Here is what you can expect.
- Provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the home, community, and school settings.
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Teach communication, social, and self-care skills to children ages 2-18 years.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Implement behavioral procedures for the acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Utilize safe and appropriate handling procedures when working with clients.
- Work Location: Client Home (Inland Empire), Treatment Center (Ontario, CA), and May be required to drive up to 30 miles.
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- No experience is required. Experience (formal or informal) with individuals on the autism spectrum or other developmental disabilities is a plus!
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and communicate professionally with the consumer and peers/staff.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals in and outside of the field.
- An effective communicator in both verbal and written formats.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have at least 20 hours available Monday - Friday between the hours of 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Commitment to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to the required standard.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT BEHAVIOR GENIUS
- Paid Training: Initial and ongoing paid training and supervision.
- Competitive Pay: Pay raise opportunities up to 2x per year! Plus, automatic pay increase after obtaining an RBT certification.
- Opportunities for Career Advancement: Join a great team that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth and development. Ask about our Clinical Career Pathway.
- BHCOE Accreditation: This recognition highlights our dedication to continuous improvement in applied behavior analysis. BHCOE Accreditation is a trusted source that recognizes top-performing behavioral health providers for clinical quality, consumer satisfaction, and staff qualifications. Read more here.
- Our Community! Behavior Genius is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and friendships for all of our staff.
- Our Team! Any company's ultimate win is creating a safe and empowering workplace that raises empowered people. We will continue to raise the bar in the name of diversity for our staff and for the families that we serve.
- Our Environment! We celebrate success and believe in transparency and teamwork to get us there. Learn more here or check out our Great Places to Work Certification.
- Professional Development: Gallup Strengths Coaching is a program that focuses on doing what you naturally do best and navigating your strengths in the workplace. Learn more here.
- Our Values: Mission-Focused, People-Obsessed, Strengths-Based, and Results-Driven.
Behavior Genius is an equal-opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity. Learn more about what it means to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information can be found here.
All staff must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. All applicants offered a role must also pass a background check.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodations while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 749-5204 x 120 with the nature of your request.