Blue Earth Capital AG is a Switzerland-based global impact investment firm with offices in Zug, New York and London. We aim to address critical social and environmental challenges while achieving market-rate returns. Investing globally across all impact sectors, our integrated strategy focuses on social impact in emerging markets and environmental impact in developed ones, through direct and co-investments in both debt and equity.
Your Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who will support BlueEarth's group accounting. The
successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting daily operations, working closely with
the Finance team and external accounting providers to ensure BlueEarth's financial
transactions are recorded, reconciled, and reported accurately. In this position, you will work
with internal and external stakeholders, representing BlueEarth to its suppliers and service
The position reports to BlueEarth's Finance & Business Manager, VP, in the CEO Office and
your responsibilities will include:
- Supplier & invoice management:
- Manage BlueEarth's accounts payable process involving: Invoice processing, supplier verification, employee expense processing and review and the generation of rebate invoices
- Manage BlueEarth's accounts receivable process involving: Fund recharging: calculation of expense recharges to BlueEarth funds and generation of related invoices
- Intercompany Fees: calculation of intercompany fees and generation of related invoices
- Corporate treasury and cash management - oversee and manage BlueEarth's corporate bank accounts:
- Maintain corporate banking relationships
- Monitor and reconcile bank balances
- Execute manual payments (for urgent payments and inter/intra-company transfers)
- Review payment files from third-party accounts administration provider
- Operational coordination of BlueEarth's tax compliance:
- Supporting external tax providers in the preparation and submission of tax returns in each of the jurisdictions in which BlueEarth operates
- Assist in transfer pricing reviews and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation
- Audit - facilitate and support annual statutory audits of BlueEarth corporate entities
- Perform various finance-related internal controls
- Maintain, update and identify & propose control improvements in corporate finance-related processes & procedures
- Accounting & financial reporting:
- Review of externally prepared accounting records for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in preparing financial statements, reports, and analysis for stakeholders
- Maintain group financial reporting guidance and documentation
- General finance & accounting support:
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders on ad hoc finance projects, audits, and financial planning
- Represent the corporate accounts and its related processes & procedures within BlueEarth: carry out expense training & refreshers; assist with finance/accounting-related queries; maintain documentation of internal guidance
- Maintain, develop, and document processes, deliverables and related directives & policies
- Support the annual insurance renewal process
- University degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Previous professional experience in accounting or finance is a plus but not required
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices (IFRS / Swiss Code of Obligations)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft work
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Good understanding of private equity platforms/investment management company operations
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (written/verbal)
- Results- and process-orientated project management, stakeholder management and organizational skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust
- Able to work independently and successfully navigate with limited guidance, a highly complex, international, and fast-paced environment
- Business fluency in English required; business fluency in German preferred/advantageous
Your Perspectives & Impact
Joining BlueEarth Capital gives you a unique platform to contribute meaningfully to addressing global social and environmental challenges. Working with us, you will:
- Play a key role in BlueEarth' finance team and create tangible, measurable change.
- Sharpen your expertise in finance & accouting in a highly professional private markets firm, setting you up for a promising career trajectory.
- Work alongside an inspiring, highly qualified and driven team of industry leaders, offering you the chance for rapid professional growth.
- Contribute to internal processes and initiatives, impacting the firm's evolution in the fast-paced impact investment landscape.
The pay range for this role is: CHF 85,000 - 120,000 per year plus bonus.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful impact and accelerating your career in a dynamic work environment, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now to join our driven team and start making a difference!