If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $30 billion group ground transportation industry - with over 10,000 independent charter bus, minibus, and van operators across America. CharterUP is the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of bus operators from coast to coast, currently holding over 600 operators on the network. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability, and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records, and reviews.
We're seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You'll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we're not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet toward a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
We’re a remote-first workplace, but we encourage collaboration and connection with hubs in Atlanta, GA and Austin, TX. CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us toward a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About the Role
Title: Enterprise Account Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Strategy
CharterUP is seeking an Enterprise Account Coordinator to join the Enterprise & Account Management team!
What You'll Do
- Set up all new Enterprise contracts for success (e.g., recurring shuttles and large/complex events), including:
- Ensuring all reservations and referrals are accurately entered into CR
- Integrating vehicle tracking on long-term shuttle services
- Conducting on-site visits to meet with the client and the bus operator to ensure a flawless start to services
- Manage client accounts on an ongoing basis to provide the highest level of client support for our most valuable clients including:
- Changes to scopes in service
- Insurance documentation
- Contract execution
- Billing and payments (send invoices and collect money)
- Technology and technical support (resync ELD trackers, work with Product to add new stops)
- Operator management (talking to owners & drivers)
- Develop relationships with strategic suppliers across North America who service Enterprise contracts; source operators for additional service on your account portfolio
What You'll Bring
- Open to travel, based in a location that is conducive to easy travel
- Availability after-hours and on weekends to address
- 1-2 years experience handling urgent requests, issues, and/or changes to service
- At least 1-2 years experience in a high-stress customer-facing environment
- Reliability, consistency, and demonstrated relentless work ethic
- Willing to be available for emergency situations outside of typical working schedule
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Superb organizational skills
- $72,500 base salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan, including fully subsidized medical insurance for employees
- 401(k) plan
CharterUP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
CharterUP candidates and employees must reside in the following states; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.