If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $30 billion group ground transportation industry - with over 10,000 independent charter bus, minibus, and van operators across America. CharterUP is the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of bus operators from coast to coast, currently holding over 600 operators on the network. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability, and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records, and reviews.
We're seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You'll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we're not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet toward a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
We’re a remote-first workplace, but we encourage collaboration and connection with hubs in Atlanta, GA and Austin, TX. CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us toward a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About the Role
Title: Regional Account Executive - DMV region
Reports to: VP of Enterprise Sales
Location: Remote with some travel
CharterUP is seeking an Regional Account Executive who will be assigned the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) territory for outbound prospecting of targetable companies (via email, LinkedIn, phone, meetings, etc). This critical role within our Enterprise sales team is a motivated and driven self-starter with the experience and desire to manage all aspects of the sales process, including prospecting, lead qualification, demand creation and closing new business.
What You'll Do
- Meet and exceed individual quarterly and annual sales goals to drive the next phase of CharterUP’s North American outbound sales growth
- Manage all aspects of the sales process (prospecting, sales meetings, proposals, and negotiations)
- Cultivate sales through outbound prospecting of targetable companies
- Proactive outbound hunting for organizations who aren't actively searching for charter buses (or are searching but have historically gone elsewhere for these services)
- Deliver and communicate proposals that reflect CharterUP’s offerings best suited to meet prospects’ needs
- Create outbound sequences leveraging CharterUP marketing-rich content and/or custom campaigns that include phone, email, and LinkedIn to secure meetings with decision makers
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of information and forecasts (call/meeting notes, supporting documentation, next steps, etc.) in CharterUP’s CRM systems
What You'll Bring
- High commitment and strong track record of attaining sales quotas
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in an outbound full sales-cycle role
- Experience selling in the charter bus space, or tangentially in the travel space
- Demonstrated success using a data-driven process to outbound prospecting
- Experience closing complex deals with minimum contract value of $100k
- Experience in an industry tangential to charter bus market preferred (Freight, Travel, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, enabling confident customer relationships
- Presentation experience both virtual and in-person
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Availability for hybrid position with responsibilities occasionally in-office or on-site at the customer’s location
- Step 1: Video interview with Talent Acquisition + brief (~12 min) online assessment, Wonderlic
- Step 2: Video interview with Hiring Manager
- Step 3: Video interview with VP of Enterprise Sales
- Step 4: Video interview with Chief Revenue Officer
- Step 5: Offer!
- Welcome aboard!
- Competitive base salary and commission target: $200k OTE
- Comprehensive benefits package, including fully subsidized medical benefits for the employee
- 401(k) plan
CharterUP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
CharterUP candidates and employees must reside in any of the following states; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.