If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $30 billion group ground transportation industry - with over 10,000 independent charter bus, minibus, and van operators across America. CharterUP is the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of bus operators from coast to coast, currently holding over 600 operators on the network. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability, and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records, and reviews.
We're seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You'll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we're not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet toward a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
We’re a remote-first workplace, but we encourage collaboration and connection with hubs in Atlanta, GA and Austin, TX. CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us toward a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About the Role
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX (in-office ~3 days per week)
CharterUP is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to architect, implement, and own a wide variety of customer-facing and back-office software systems powering our two-sided marketplace business. You’ll work closely with our engineering leaders, product managers, and engineering team to design and build systems that will scale with our rapidly growing business needs. You will lead a wide variety of technology initiatives across multiple disciplines including REST API Services, Web Applications, Mobile Apps, Data Engineering, and DevOps.
What You'll Do
- Develop robust software products in our Java and Node.js platform
- Deploy high-quality software products to our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Develop tooling and processes to benefit our growing team
- Though this is not a people manager role, you will mentor more junior engineers on technical skills
- Define and promote software engineering best practices
- Contribute to technical vision, direction, and implementation
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of experience as a professional full-stack software engineer
- Experience with building Java backend services; and Vue, React, or Angular frontends
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, preferably of AWS
- You are a coder who loves to be hands-on, leading the charge on complex projects
- Comfortable taking ownership end-to-end of deliverables
- Step 1 - Video call: Talent Acquisition interview
- Step 2 - Hiring Manager interview
- Step 3 - Team interviews
- Step 4 - Offer!
- Welcome aboard!
- Estimated base salary for this role is $140,000-$180,000
- Comprehensive benefits package, including fully subsidized medical benefits for the employee
- 401(k) plan
CharterUP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height or weight.
CharterUP candidates and employees must reside in the following states; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.