Cleo Robotics specializes in unconventional robotic systems equipped with cutting-edge sensing and intelligence in a tiny package to operate in dangerous and difficult to reach environments. Our customers span across various industries including Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Public Safety and Manufacturing.
We’re a growing team of experts in robotics and autonomous systems with diverse backgrounds and skills. Our mission is to build safe drones that can operate where no other robot can for collecting critical data that can save lives and decrease costs.
If you get excited about solving big problems and building robots straight from science fiction, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role might be for you!
About the role
We are seeking a driven and enthusiastic hardware engineer to join our dynamic team. You will be working closely with the engineering and product teams helping with tasks such as assembly and testing of prototypes, helping to improve processes and documentation, as well as maintain and improve the lab space, keep stock of inventory, along with all of the tools and equipment located within the lab.
You must be passionate about building hardware products, and must have great problem solving skills and attention to detail.
What you'll do
- Support engineering with designing, building, assembling and repairing prototype units
- Interact with customers to assist with repairs
- Build and test sub-assemblies
- Build and test prototypes and initial production batches
- Manage the production schedule to ensure timely delivery of products to customers
- Manage the lab space, including maintenance of 3D printers and various tools and machines within the lab
- Handle incoming inventory and track inventory count to ensure part availability
- Create, improve and document various processes and methods to increase productivity and increase product quality
- Associate Degree in Engineering
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with 3D printing
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- Advanced experience in soldering, bonus points for through-hole and surface-mount assembly and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience working with the assembly and repair of hardware products
- Experience working with microelectronics, including basic embedded programming (Arduinos, Raspberry PIs, etc)
- Experience with CAM and CAD software such as SolidWorks and Fusion 360
- Experience with PLM and MRP software
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with building and flying drones