Cleo Robotics specializes in unconventional robotic systems equipped with cutting-edge sensing and intelligence in a tiny package to operate in dangerous and difficult to reach environments. Our customers span across various industries including Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Public Safety and Manufacturing.
We’re a growing team of experts in robotics and autonomous systems with diverse backgrounds and skills. Our mission is to build safe drones that can operate where no other robot can for collecting critical data that can save lives and decrease costs.
If you get excited about solving big problems and building robots straight from science fiction, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role might be for you!
About the role
As an mechanical engineering intern at Cleo Robotics, you will be paired up with one or more members of our team, assuming ownership of a project that meaningfully advances the capabilities of our Dronut platform. The internship project will focus on aiding the Dronut’s perception, autonomy and control algorithms related to operation in GPS denied environments and confined spaces such as tanks, tunnels and wind turbines. If you have a strong foundation in engineering, robotics, math, and software development and you are interested in directly contributing to the development of the next generation of aerial vehicles, we would love to hear from you.
- Actively pursuing an engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related degree
- Strong software development skills
- Proficiency in C/C++, ROS
- Interest in renewable energy and oil and gas industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, small team environment
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for one or more of the following: computer vision, motion planning, dynamics and controls, autonomous navigation and motion planning, mechanical and industrial design
- Applicants must be based in Massachusetts or currently attending college in Massachusetts to be considered