About FAROS AI, INC.
Faros AI is an operational data platform that brings all engineering data in one place to give engineering leaders a single-pane view of their entire software development lifecycle.
Faros AI is bringing unprecedented visibility to engineering operations.
Engineering stacks have become increasingly fragmented and diverse, making it very hard for engineering leaders to have a firm grasp of their operations. Seemingly simple questions become incredibly non-trivial to answer. We believe that by equipping leaders with the right tool that brings all engineering data in one place, organizations will be able to operate at a whole new level of efficiency. We're always looking for talented individuals who are interested in building the future alongside us.
About the role
Faros AI connects the dots between all engineering data sources to give engineering leaders a single-pane view of their entire software development lifecycle. The Faros AI data platform is leveraged by large organizations such as Box, Salesforce or Coursera to provide critical insights into their operations, identify bottlenecks and improve productivity.
Running an engineering organization at this scale effectively requires answering a large number of critical questions such as: Are we effectively staffed to meet our goals? How can we improve velocity without impacting quality? Are teams effectively collaborating and what are some factors impacting team satisfaction?
To address these questions and many more, Faros AI is building new solutions (modules) on top of the Faros AI data platform, focusing on key use cases and persona, including Engineering Productivity, Team Satisfaction & Communication, Quality, Security and Compliance.
We are looking for an experienced UX designer to work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help define and design new modules to help the largest organizations in the world get the insights they need for their daily engineering operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers to understand their needs, including defining key personas, use cases, and UX opportunities that influence product strategy.
- Design data visualization dashboards that will empower customers with their data, focusing on narrative-driven design that communicate insightful stories.
- Lead the end-to-end experience of modules, custom-designed dashboards tailored to specific engineering personas, enabling customers to make well-informed decisions based on the presented data.
- Build and test prototypes, assessing value, flow and ease of use.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to drive critical initiatives from ideation to completion.
- Actively seek & provide design feedback and collaboratively improve the design process.
What we care about:
- You are an owner. At Faros, we place a premium on individual responsibility and ownership. This means, for instance, that you pick up the trash when you see it. In turn, we trust you to prioritize your time to have the most impact, and provide you with maximal information to be able to decide on your priorities intelligently.
- You value being part of a team. At Faros, we believe in winning as a team. Our guiding principle is to act in the best interests of the team, with the belief that all else will follow.
- You’re always learning. Start-ups are rapidly evolving businesses. There will constantly be new scenarios and technical challenges coming your way, and you have to thrive in all the new learnings.
- 5+ years of product design experience, designing end-to-end products with complicated flows, multiple scenarios and edge cases.
- Experience in designing user interfaces for data visualization, business intelligence, data analytics, or related products, translating intricate data into intuitive designs that enhance user understanding and decision-making.
- Skilled in user research to uncover needs and inform designs.
- Verify design usability through customer testing, ensuring practicality and effectiveness through real-user feedback.
- Ability to provide design variations and rationalize design choices.
- A system thinker who has the vision to design the big picture and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally.
- Willing to adapt and contribute to the Faros AI design system.
- Proficiency in tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Metabase is a plus.
- Familiarity with third-party UX research collaboration is a plus.
- Early-stage startup experience and previous experience with AI products or coding is a plus.
- Ability to work in a remote-first environment and across time zones.