Fresh off a Series A venture capital raise, and backed by a group of leading institutional investors, Hiive is a fintech/marketplace startup offering a revolutionary trading platform for buyers and sellers of shares in private late-stage venture-capital backed companies and “unicorns." The platform allows qualified investors to trade directly with another party, without the need for a live broker. By developing solutions that streamline and automate shares trading, Hiive aims to unlock the full value of the private markets for investors, employees, and the management teams of pre-IPO companies.
As a Business Development, Analyst or Associate you will be on the front lines of one of the most important global hubs in this fast paced market, working to maximize liquidity and trading volume on the platform. You will be a foundational member of our sales and trading team, working to drive transaction volume and platform adoption and facilitate transaction execution to closing.
You will work with us in our HQ in Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the most beautiful and livable cities in the world, with easy access to world-class skiing, mountain biking, hiking, outdoor pursuits and culinary experiences. We are an in-person first culture, and this is an in-person role, but if you are the right candidate and live outside of Vancouver, we can help with your relocation.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Learning everything there is to know about the secondary market for pre-IPO securities or “unicorn” stock; understanding the history, market dynamics, market participants, and the role of Hiive.
- Facilitating transactions between institutional private equity investors and accredited individual investors on our proprietary platform.
- Sourcing and generating leads for transactions on and off platform.
- Eventually, having responsibility to manage the market for a specific set of assigned securities.
- Assisting the parties, the issuer, and their respective advisors/counsel to achieve closing in an expeditious manner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an ambitious, high energy person with a strong sense of urgency, exceptional work ethic, insatiable thirst for knowledge and challenge, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Have some experience in a related area such as fintech and/or B2B, corporate development, investment sales, or institutional sales and trading, investment banking, venture capital, private equity.
- Have a relevant educational background, such as a commerce or economics degree, or exceptional academic performance in a liberal arts or science program.
- Possess a FINRA Series 7 and/or Series 63 (this is an asset but not required).
Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and contribution.
Analyst: $70,000 - $90,000 with an annual bonus up to $100,000 depending on individual and company performance.
Associate: $90,000 - $110,000 with an annual bonus up to $200,000 depending on individual and company performance.
Opportunity to participate in ownership of a rapidly growing early-stage startup through our employee stock option plan.
Comprehensive 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, and a health spending account.
A dedicated desk in our Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver, BC HQ, with a first-class view of the mountains.
Significant opportunities for growth into team leadership and management roles.
Entrepreneurial culture, and a small and dynamic team.
Sponsorship, immigration and relocation for exceptional US-based candidates.