Fresh off a Series A venture capital raise, and backed by a group of leading institutional investors, Hiive is a fintech/marketplace startup offering a revolutionary trading platform for buyers and sellers of shares in private late-stage venture-capital backed companies and “unicorns." The platform allows qualified investors to trade directly with another party, without the need for a live broker. By developing solutions that streamline and automate shares trading, Hiive aims to unlock the full value of the private markets for investors, employees, and the management teams of pre-IPO companies.
As a Capital Markets Vice President you will be on the front lines of one of the most important global hubs in this fast paced market, working to maximize liquidity and trading volume on the platform. You will be a foundational member of our sales and trading leadership team, working directly with our executive team to drive transaction volume and platform adoption.
You will work with us in our HQ in Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the most beautiful and livable cities in the world, with easy access to world-class skiing, mountain biking, hiking, outdoor pursuits and culinary experiences. We are an in-person first culture, and this is an in-person role, but if you are the right candidate and live outside of Vancouver, we can help with your relocation.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Facilitating transactions between institutional private equity investors and accredited individual investors on our proprietary platform.
- Developing new relationships and fostering existing relationships with potential buyers and sellers ranging from institutions (VC/private equity funds, hedge funds, etc.) to individuals (founders, angel investors, executives).
- Engaging with institutional buyers and sellers to demonstrate expertise in the secondary market and find opportunities to add value.
- Sourcing and generating leads for transactions on and off platform.
- Eventually, managing the market for a specific set of assigned securities; working to become the go-to expert for trading in those stocks.
- Assisting the parties, the issuer, and their respective advisors/counsel to achieve closing in an expeditious manner.
- Training, mentoring and providing feedback to analysts and associates.
- Working with our Product and Operations teams to innovate and iterate on product, process and strategy, and build capacity, across the Hiive organization.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience, at any level of seniority, brokering trades in the private equity, VC or unicorn secondary market.
- Alternatively, have VP-level experience and a demonstrated track record in a relevant field, such as investment banking, venture capital, private equity, corporate development, investment sales, or institutional sales and trading.
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Possess a FINRA SIE, Series 7 and Series 63 licence (this is an asset but not required).
- CFA and/or other professional designations are beneficial but not required.
- Have high attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter with the ability and desire to drive things forward independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Highly competitive salary plus commission commensurate with experience and contribution.
- Opportunity to participate in ownership of a rapidly growing early-stage startup through our employee stock option plan.
- Comprehensive 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, and a health spending account.
- A dedicated desk in our Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver, BC HQ, with a first-class view of the mountains.
- Significant opportunities for growth into team leadership and management roles.
- Entrepreneurial culture, and a small and dynamic team.
- Sponsorship, immigration and relocation for exceptional US-based candidates.
The pay range for this role is:
100,000 - 150,000 CAD per year (Vancouver HQ)