Fresh off a Series A venture capital raise, and backed by a group of leading institutional investors, Hiive is a fintech/marketplace startup offering a revolutionary trading platform for buyers and sellers of shares in private late-stage venture-capital backed companies and “unicorns." The platform allows qualified investors to trade directly with another party, without the need for a live broker. By developing solutions that streamline and automate shares trading, Hiive aims to unlock the full value of the private markets for investors, employees, and the management teams of pre-IPO companies.
In this role, you would join our fast growing product team reporting to an experienced product leader with over 25 years in the industry. Hiive has a modern tech stack and quality engineering that ships high quality updates quickly. You will be expected to ramp up quickly and work with designers and engineers to deliver meaningful change in the business.
A great candidate would…
- Consider themselves a masterful prioritizer, able to balance competing objectives, customer versus business needs, and short-term and long-term goals.
- Be a highly organized thinker, able to structure their process around mental models and communicate those thoughts.
- Have a customer-centric mindset and a passion for improving user experiences.
- Understand systems and how to change them to achieve business and user goals while addressing the implications of change.
- Have a deep understanding and experience in effective product development processes.
- 6+ years of product management experience at early-stage to growth-stage startups
- A proven track record of managing and launching multiple successful products or large features that have solved meaningful customer problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with databases and analytics tools to make data-driven decisions
- Defining, measuring and optimizing around product KPIs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing and sales
- Experience in marketplaces of any kind, fintech, or similar.
- Software engineering background
- Knowledge of Amplitude and Business Intelligence solutions for querying data
- Highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience and contribution.
- Opportunity to participate in ownership of a rapidly growing early-stage startup through our employee stock option plan.
- Comprehensive 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, and a health spending account.
- Preference to those willing to work hybrid in our Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver, BC HQ, with a first-class view of the mountains. Open to Canadian-based remote candidates.
- Significant opportunities for growth into team leadership and management roles.
- Entrepreneurial culture, and a small and dynamic team.
- Sponsorship or immigration support and generous relocation bonus offered for exceptional candidates.
The pay range for this role is:
180,000 - 280,000 CAD per year (Vancouver HQ)
180,000 - 280,000 CAD per year (Remote - Canada)