Fresh off a Series A venture capital raise, and backed by a group of leading institutional investors, Hiive is a fintech/marketplace startup offering a revolutionary trading platform for buyers and sellers of shares in private late-stage venture-capital backed companies and “unicorns." The platform allows qualified investors to trade directly with another party, without the need for a live broker. By developing solutions that streamline and automate shares trading, Hiive aims to unlock the full value of the private markets for investors, employees, and the management teams of pre-IPO companies.
As a QA/Engineer in Test, you will be our last line of defence in shipping features to our platform that are bug-free. You will collaborate with your fellow engineers and product managers to ensure delivery of new features to our application that are bug-free and meet product objectives. You will maintain an end-to-end test suite in Playwright and verify code before it reaches production. You will work closely with your colleagues to improve test coverage; diagnose bugs in new and existing features; and build an excellent and supportive engineering culture.
A great candidate would…
- Have a strong passion for ensuring product quality and a drive to deliver a consistent and reliable user experience.
- Consider themselves highly capable at verifying features are bug-free and meet product objectives.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills to identify potential issues and implement effective testing strategies.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to design and execute test cases.
- Exhibit strong communication and documentation skills.
- Be comfortable working with a small team including directly with the founders on building a product and a company.
- Adapt well to a quickly moving environment.
- Substantial experience building automated end-to-end test suites using Playwright.
- Experience performing QA on responsive web platforms.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using GitHub Actions.
- Ability to create and maintain test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Working closely cross-functional teams to deploy bug-free software, including engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Consider themselves proficient at development in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with ExUnit or other Elixir unit testing frameworks.
- Highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience and contribution.
- Opportunity to participate in ownership of a rapidly growing early-stage startup through our employee stock option plan.
- Comprehensive 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, and a health spending account.
- Preference to those willing to work hybrid in our Mt. Pleasant, Vancouver, BC HQ, with a first-class view of the mountains. Open to Canadian-based remote candidates.
- Significant opportunities for growth into team leadership and management roles.
- Entrepreneurial culture, and a small and dynamic team.
- Sponsorship, immigration and relocation for exceptional candidates.
The pay range for this role is:
85,000 - 120,000 CAD per year (Vancouver HQ)
85,000 - 100,000 CAD per year (Remote - Canada)