Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
We're looking for a hands-on staff security engineer to play a key role in building Rippling's security program. Rippling's product’s scope provides a unique set of security challenges, but our management is especially supportive of security and compliance as a central function of the business. As an early member of Rippling's security team, you'll have a meaningful impact on the security program’s priorities and direction.
What You'll Do
- Mentor software engineering teams in security best practices.
- Threat-model application designs and solutions and provide security assessments.
- Perform dynamic security testing on Rippling products
- Audit source code and perform code review for critical application changes
- Provide hands-on remediation guidance to development teams
- Review Establish software development practices that make security an essential part of the development process
- Develop / Integrate security into the Software Development Life Cycle
- 8+ years of experience in an product security role
- Experience leading architectural changes or complex cross team efforts to mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Deep understanding of securing web applications
- Fluency in Python, React, and Django Rest Framework
- Experience with manual source code review, and embedding security to code in production environments.
- Experience with deploying application security tools in the CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with securing software development lifecycle including manual and automated application security testing
- Good understanding of SSO, including OAUTH, SAML
- Experience with securing MDM software agents for Mac/Windows
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here
Tier 1: $205,000 - $279,000/year
Tier 2: $184,000 - $252,000/year
Tier 3: $174,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.