Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Role:
Join us as a Engineering Manager for Global Payroll and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of a billion-dollar vertical. This extraordinary opportunity allows you to bring your drive, initiative, and technical acumen to a high-growth role where your contributions will have an immediate and direct impact on generating millions in revenue.
You'll embrace the exhilarating challenge of spearheading the most critical project within the company, with the autonomy and responsibility to build a world-class team from scratch. As the driving force behind our technical roadmap, you'll define, steer, and execute our innovative vision, while also taking the lead in attracting and retaining exceptional talent to transform your team into a hub of innovation and excellence.
This role offers substantial ownership and incredible growth potential, empowering you to shape the future of our rapidly expanding company. You'll have the freedom to leverage your unique blend of business acumen and technical expertise to implement and deliver an industry-leading vision.
Captivating challenges you'll have the opportunity to own:
- Tackle complex technical problems, such as developing an S-expression based country-agnostic calculator used for millions of calculations per second.
- Lead our expansion into multiple countries, while taking charge of our largest market.
- Guide a team of highly talented engineers, tripling its size through strategic growth initiatives.
- Create a cutting-edge customer onboarding and import flow, setting new standards of excellence.
What You'll Do
- Take responsibility for nurturing and developing a team of dedicated and driven engineers, fostering their growth and success.
- Drive product delivery by enforcing engineering best practices, and if necessary, contribute hands-on to coding efforts.
- Lead processes related to defining objectives and establishing regular career development plans for team members.
- Chart the direction for the team and our products, creating a comprehensive strategy and driving its successful execution.
- Collaborate closely with the sales, product, support, and operations teams to prioritize the expansion of our exceptional team.
Join us in this transformative role, and become an influential leader at the forefront of innovation in the Global Payroll industry. Apply now to make a lasting impact and seize the boundless opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture