Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
Scaling to $1B ARR and beyond means we need to build a go-to-market engine that drives growth across dozens of product SKUs, sales segments, buyer personas, and countries.
That’s where you come in.
As a Senior Product GTM Manager, you’ll orchestrate the go-to-market for one of our core product suites. You will gather and analyze market intelligence to ensure we build the right products and tell the right stories, so our sales team can win.
This role is highly cross-functional. You will work closely with Rippling’s Product organization, our Sales teams, and the rest of our Marketing machine. We’d love to talk to you if you have a strong GM mindset, obsess about customers, and exhibit sharp product instincts.
Our GTM team sits within the marketing org. It’s based in our San Francisco office.
What you will do
- Own the end-to-end GTM strategy, execution, and performance of your product lines
- Conduct deep customer research and synthesize insights about our products, target audiences, and personas
- Partner closely with the Product organization to define the product roadmap
- Create an always-on feedback loop between sales, product, and marketing, to ensure we react quickly to “on the ground” developments.
- Own the messaging & positioning for all of the products within your vertical, as well as all of the personas an buyers within our ICP
- Manage your products like a GM with a focus on how to improve metrics like awareness, attach rate, adoption, and customer retention.
- Educate our sales teams on products and create sales tools / collateral to help them win.
- Be the in-house expert (buyers, influencers, competitors, industry, etc.) on your Rippling products.
- Be a spokesperson, evangelist, and thought leader with analysts, customers, and partners.
What you will need
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, business operations, general management, product, or product marketing.
- You are a self-starter with a bias towards action who is able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to translate customer and market insights into crisp GTM fundamentals, including segmentation, buyer personas, messaging, competitive positioning, pricing recommendations, and more.
- Superb cross-functional collaboration and project management skills. From Day 1, you’ll need to align stakeholders across multiple teams—many of which may have competing priorities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. While we won’t expect you to fine-tune marketing copy, you need to be able to clearly tell a story without resorting to corporate jargon.
- You sweat the details - small and big, alike.
- A creative spark. While analytical chops are critical to your success, we also pride ourselves on being able to think outside the box.
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.