Karta is a metaverse studio that empowers brands, artists and sports teams to connect with billions of people inhabiting the world's most popular virtual worlds. With a marketer's mindset and over 50 years of combined experience in marketing, gaming, music and esports, Karta has pioneered a new, accessible and effective way for brands to establish a long-term presence and achieve tangible success within the metaverse. We collaborate with exceptional brands, including BLACKPINK, Amazon Music, TWICE, Republic Records, Ronald McDonald House and many more.
Founded in July 2021 by Erik Londré, a former Fnatic executive and Tony Barnes, a music industry veteran, Karta is headquartered in London.
We make brands playable.
Karta is a rapidly growing startup with ambitious plans, offering an opportunity to make a significant impact and leave an indelible mark on our company's success. We are a team of tech enthusiasts and innovation junkies, seamlessly blending technology and creativity. Our driven, experienced and visionary team encourages fresh ideas and a passion for moving fast and achieving greatness!
🔍 About the role
Do you want to help shape the future of virtual self-expression and fandom?
As the Head of Virtual Merchandise & Fashion at Karta, you will build and lead a team of designers, marketers and content creators to develop, market and sell digital wearables, emotes and avatars on behalf of our clients. Our list of clients include some of the worlds biggest and most popular brands, music artists, movie & TV IP, and professional sports clubs. Your job is to help them monetise their fans by creating attractive and exciting virtual products to be sold inside of massively popular virtual worlds and games like Roblox, The Sandbox and Zepeto.
If you are a dynamic and driven individual looking to join a fresh innovative team that wants to change the world and have a lot of fun while doing it please get in touch.
🤓 Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and hire a team of designers to develop virtual merchandise and fashion for our clients.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns and drops for virtual merchandise and fashion.
- Build and implement marketing strategies in collaboration with clients.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure successful execution of campaigns and projects.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in the fashion, virtual merchandise, gaming and metaverse space.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in fashion, product-marketing, merchandising, performance marketing, gaming or metaverse industry.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and results-driven attitude.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for the gaming and metaverse space.
🧑🤝🧑 Generous rewards & company-sponsored meetups & travel perks
🎨 Freedom to create and innovate
🎮 Fully remote set up
😎 Unlimited holidays
🌳 Mental health counselling services
🎓 Access to a wide range of L&D courses to progress your Karta Career