Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the team
Rippling is rapidly adding new lines of business to its 20+ products while also expanding globally into many new countries each year. At the forefront of this expansion is the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) group, which consists of several teams that build products, services, and frameworks that serve every single Rippling customer and serves as a platform used by every product team at Rippling.
As a member of the HRIS Product Team, you will be responsible for managing critical end-to-end products (like Hiring & Onboarding flows, Employment History) that facilitate the ingestion, management, and visualization of employee data for our diverse customer base, spanning from small businesses to large enterprises.
The Product team’s focus for the coming year is to build the next generation of Products (like Change management & Unbundled Rippling Products) and scale existing products(Hiring, Transitions & offboarding flows) to enable Rippling to explore new business opportunities and win enterprise.
What you will do
- Product Excellence: Over the next year you will work with HRIS Product and Design teams to help ship new features to our Employee flows & Profile product lines with the utmost quality and care to ensure it meets the needs of our customers both internal and external.
- Technical Excellence: As part of this role you will own (design and develop projects) around such initiatives as Unbundling, Employee History & Enterprise. Helping the team execute our vision for 2024 to win Enterprise.
- Mentoring and Talent: Working alongside some of our strongest Tech Leads and engineers, you will collaborate closely with PMs, EMs, and TLs from across the department. Learning from folks more senior and helping coordinate and mentor more junior folks on key initiatives.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: You will collaborate with other teams across Rippling to support and scale products, both within and outside of HRIS.
- Operational Excellence: Hold a very high bar for quality of deliverables; you will be responsible to build and operationalize tools, monitors & processes across the org.
7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
Experience building customer facing products
You have seen systems operating at significant technical and organizational scale
Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
*This role requires working three days per week in the San Francisco office - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.