Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Role
The HRIS Organization lies at the core of what makes Rippling, Rippling. We’re both a product org – and happen to be Rippling’s largest generator of revenue – and a platform org that builds internally to super charge all of our 30+ products within the company. This org is responsible for a suite of core products and services that enables every other engineering team to scale and build new products quickly. These teams will have a combination of both directly user facing products as well as interfaces for other engineering teams. There are challenges for the team that range from building for usability to scaling for massive scale and wide array of engineering requirements.
In this role you’ll be responsible for leading and growing the teams that build the core HRIS product and strengthen the platform foundationsYou’ll be working on defining, driving, and delivering the technical roadmap of the org, hiring talented engineers who can continue to build out our scalable systems and defining the underlying infrastructure of Rippling for the next 10 years.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for working collaboratively with other cross-functional teams and leaders to bring together a suite of core platform products.
- Work cross functionally with design leadership and product management leadership to drive the vision and strategy of this organization
- Responsible for thinking about the team from both a platform mindset as well as a product oriented mindset
- Drive engineering initiatives like architectural changes & hiring process changes
- Provide technical leadership and vision in a widely scoped engineering team.
- Capable of driving development of products and platforms in a fast paced, startup environment
- Experience building products and team from the ground up
- At least 14 years of experience in software development and delivery, with in-depth knowledge of software architectures
- At least 10 years of experience as an Engineering Manager in leading small and mid-sized development teams
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or experience in a relevant field
- Experience building large scale software platform
- Proficiency in recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- Team development skills: ability to set a roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, offer engineering advice, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, work with team members to grow in their careers, and ensure everyone delivers quality results
- Great project management skills to lead, care about product ownership, an outstanding customer-centric mindset, and solving problems for our customers.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.