Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a member at Teaching.com, you’ll be part of the team behind some of the most important educational games, with titles such as:
- Typing.com: The world’s largest learn-to-type software, used by millions of students every day.
- Nitro Type: The #1 educational game in the world, played by millions daily.
- Reading.com: The only digital program specifically designed to teach children 4-7 how to read.
Who You Are
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven independent (Contract) Account Executive to drive company sales. The role will be able to work remotely on a standard day-to-day but will be required to travel throughout their territory as needed.
This position works with schools and districts primarily in Texas, to expand their use of technology applications. Teachers and those with education backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Sales visits to prospective customers to explore requirements
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals, to cultivate growth within the territory
- Demonstrate a digital learning product across different grade levels
- Use CRM and other sales tools to understand sales history, build quotes, accurately forecast, and manage the territory
- Develop and execute strategic territory business plans
- Participate in networking opportunities such as industry conferences and events, when appropriate
Skills & Background
- Sales experience, with a track record of goal achievement
- Skills to formulate and carry out sales solutions
- Talent for cultivating effective working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Technology skills (CRM systems such as SalesForce/Zoho are a plus)
- Organizational skills to manage the territory as a business
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct online meetings and maintain a home office
- Ability to travel throughout the territory, including driving, flying, and overnight travel
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Approaches problem-solving proactively with strong decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven sales success with public K-12 school districts
- Knowledge of K12 education, including curriculum, instruction and educational technology
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base + OTE
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Remote office hardware reimbursement
- Company-owned laptop
- Monthly meal adventure
- Annual company retreat
Everyone at Teaching.com is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
Applicants must reside in Texas, USA.
Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging games for students and educators!
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it's like to work here by reviewing it.