Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together. We were fully-remote before COVID, and creating a healthy remote culture is a key priority for us.
As a member at Teaching.com, you’ll be part of the team behind some of the most important educational games, with titles such as:
- Typing.com: The world’s largest learn-to-type software, used by millions of students every day.
- Nitro Type: The #1 educational game in the world, played by millions daily.
- Reading.com: The only digital program specifically designed to teach children 3-8 how to read.
This role is specifically for Reading.com.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
We are looking for an additional Unity developer to support the building of a product from the ground-up that will impact millions of children through engaging play-based experiences. You’re not concerned with patting yourself on the back for perfect code and you often find that other developers in the organization come to you for advice. The ideal candidate has strong skills and experience developing UI, particularly with Unity UI and Unity 2D.
We are looking for an experienced Unity developer who is excited by the prospect of building features on a product that will impact millions of children through engaging play-based experiences. You’re not concerned with patting yourself on the back for perfect code and you often find that other developers in the organization come to you for advice. The ideal candidate has experience working with products at scale, the nitty-gritty details of performance optimization, and is capable of single-handedly architecting a complex mobile app.
Skills & Background
- 5+ years of experience developing 2D Unity games for native iOS/Android deployment
- Experience architecting a 2D Unity game from scratch
- Flexible, well-organized and experience working in a fast-paced small company environment
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we value clear and concise communication across all departments)
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Approaches problem-solving proactively with strong decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working in education
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Fully-vested 401k with matching contributions
- Annual cash profit sharing
- Medical and dental benefits
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Remote office hardware reimbursement
- Company-owned laptop
- Monthly meal adventure
- Annual company retreat
Everyone at Teaching.com is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 75 million students and teachers internationally.
Join the fully-remote team at Teaching.com to create, develop, and deliver fun and engaging games for students and educators!
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We care deeply about the culture at Teaching.com and have put together a manifesto
outlining our values, communication, and product management strategies. Prospective employees will learn a great deal about what it's like to work here by reviewing it.