BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
About the role
Bluewave is seeking an Project Manager to join our Project Execution Team, this position will be reporting to the VP of Project Execution and as such the key responsibilities will include but not be limited to being responsible for executing projects which BlueWave both develops and/or has purchased. Additionally, supporting preconstruction and directly managing multiple projects at any time in a variety of phases including but not limited to design and engineering, procurement, permitting, construction and close-out. Planning, coordinating and executing work with and through the use of contractors, utility representatives and AHJ officials will also be requireed. The Project Manager will be responsible for reporting to a variety of stakeholders internally and externally as well as maintaining real time updates to BlueWave’s construction management software. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
What you'll do
- Budget and P&L responsibility for multiple individual projects or a portfolio of projects tied to multiple tranches of funding
- Maintaining all project controls in real time by documentation and communicating project progress, issues, concerns and budget or schedule risks as well as physical progress
- Maintaining up to date in real time, company’s construction management software including but not limited to, budgets, CPM Schedules, MM, RFIs, Submittals, planning Set version control and release, SWPPP compliance and all other project controls as well as the facilitation of weekly progress meetings with internal personnel, contractors, EPC's
- Providing reporting for executive consumption and construction lenders on a bi-monthly basis – these reports will report project progress against contract dates, incentive dates, utility interconnection dates and include budget variance – on track, risk of going over budget, etc.
- Participating in, as requested, preconstruction monitoring of project scoping from developed to create scopes of work for EPC contracts and trade partner agreements
- Assisting in selecting contractors, as needed
- Managing procurement, contractor and subcontractor buyout at the project-level
- Managing design professional engineering consultants, EPC contractors (and subcontractors as applicable) to execute projects on schedule and on budget - responsible for scope of work, project schedule, budget, quality, safety, all reporting, as well as administering the contract and managing the company liability and overall compliance
- Liaising and coordinating with utilities and any other jurisdictional oversight to ensure they accomplish their scope in a timely manner and in agreement with financing needs
- Administering/managing construction contracts to ensure compliance with contract, utility, permits, AHJ, state and local building codes and zoning regulations.
- Overseeing pre-commissioning, start-up testing, acceptance testing and punch list to ensure high quality construction
- Overseeing project turnover from construction phase to the asset management team between the substantial completion and final completion
- Coordinating work with Independent Engineers, Special Inspectors, etc
- Making frequent site visits to check on progress, quality of work, and adherence to the trade contracts, plans and specifications Including but not limited to creating, issuing and checking on the progress and completion of punch list items
- Manage staff as appropriate and assigned
- BA/BS Engineering, Construction Management or relevant curriculum or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Clear writing and communication skills
- Managed 5 ground-mounted solar photovoltaic projects from start to finish in the capacity of either project manager or assistant project manager either with an owner or prime contractor
- Experience on the field managing contractors and subs for at least 2 years
- Proficiency in CPM scheduling concepts and tools (MS Project or Primavera P6)
- Experience in construction of large-scale projects
- Experience working on a live construction site
- Familiarity with construction documentation such as reports, safety recording keeping, quality control plans, etc.
- Able to follow directions and interact with all levels of management on working construction project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience engaging with multiple trades on a complex construction project
Compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.